Here are 6 ways to be fearless!
Don’t let anything stop you from greatness!
1) Get a theme song! Whenever you try something new find a way to listen to a song that motivates you! Pumps you up and keeps you going! My personal favorite,The Eye of the Tiger!
2) Your song is pumping through your veins. Now, exercise! Exercise keeps your blood flowing and give you confidence in your physical appearance.
3) Make one goal! Some people like to make lists of things to do. A list could be overwhelming. Just put one thing on your list and then make a list of action steps to accomplish your goal. What if your goal was to learn one poem in English? Here is an example of how to carry out that goal without stress.
- Day 1: Find a friend or a buddy to help you study. Or tell someone about your goal so they can encourage you.
- Day 2: Find a poem in English that is half a page long.
- Day 3: Look on the internet and see if they have an example of a recording or video of someone saying the poem.
- Day 4: Read the poem and look for 5 words you don’t know. I suggest you only look at the words or phrases that are repeated throughout the poem.
- Day 5: Look for 5 more words that you don’t know.
- Day 6: Learn the phrase that’s repeated throughout the poem.
- Day 7: Watch the video or listen to the recording and say the phrase that you learned with the recording. This will help you understand the flow and rhythm of the words.
- Days 8-15: Learn the rest of the poem. Always refer to the recording for guidance.
- Day 15: Celebrate! Call your grandmother, parents or even your teacher and tell them what you learned. They will be happy to cheer you on!
4) Volunteer! A great way to gain confidence is to help someone else. Sometimes we think that our situation is worse than it is. If you step into someone else’s shoes you might see how you have a lot to be thankful for.
5) Smile. It’s very simple, sometimes a smile will make you feel more comfortable. I think Snow White sang it best:
6) Try something new! Are you afraid of swimming? Sign up for a swimming class. Are you afraid of insects? Read a book about bugs and find out how they can help us. Whatever your fear is, it can only be conquered by effort. Just Try!
How have you become fearless? List your tips below! One more thing, if you are looking for a way to try something new join the ONLY Visual and Performing Arts Camp in Japan! You can be fearless and we will help you!
To Living Creatively!