The kids are crying! You are tired of texting! You have watched all of the DVDs in the house! You can’t even think about walking out the door since the very idea of putting the kids in a stroller, hopping on the train and going anywhere makes you tired!
It’s a rainy day! What can you do?
- Bake some cookies
- Go in the cabinet take out some old toilet rolls and make “telephones”
- Use toilet rolls and make a robot. If you have some old shoe boxes you can add a face to it and make it look funny.
- Crayons are a mom’s best friend. Melt the crayons and then swirl them around and see what kind of designs you can make. (This works best with cheap crayons!)
- Make some magnets for the refrigerator! It’s very easy!
- Have a tea party! Make sure you dress up! Break out the good china and make sure you wear the most elaborate dress in your closet.
- Make your house sunny! Draw pictures of a spring day.
- Look in the house for some old socks. Make sock puppets.
Write a story. You can get some coins and put as many in the jar. Each person adds something to the story and drops a coin in the jar.
- Pull out some old wigs or take a towel and wrap it around your head and pretend you are in a fairy tale.
- Re-enact your favorite movies!
- Pretend that you all are in the WWF! Take the couches and turn them around into a circle. Pit the kids in the middle and have a good time! Make sure you all dress up and wear funny costumes.
- Even if you have exhausted all of your movies you can have a movie marathon. My personal favorite is the Rocky Series. You can also try Karate Kid, Spy Kids, Harry Potter or even Star Wars.
These are just a couple of tips to help you endure that rainy day! Have fun!
Oh, one more thing…this is my favorite rainy day song!